Certified Scrum Master workshop - March 20-21 (CDT)
Class hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm CDT
Please note: This is a weekend class
spring150csm = $150 off
spring100csm = $100 off
spring50csm = $50 off
Use one of the above coupon codes at checkout to get the discount that best fits your needs (please note: limited seats available for each coupon code)!
Experience a class unlike any other! Applied Scrum's CSM course is a fun, fast-paced, and interactive class that encourages learning by doing. Utilizing a unique format of group activities punctuated by short, focused lectures, this class is designed with the adult learner in mind to help you understand the basics of Scrum and provide you with practical tools for applying Scrum in the real world, all while having a fun and interactive time!
An important component of our course is incorporating the wide-ranging knowledge and experience of you and your classmates. Our aim is to make Scrum applicable to your day-to-day, instead of simply teaching you the vocabulary necessary to pass the exam. So expect a healthy amount of peer-to-peer conversation where you can make those connections!
You'll leave the class equipped with the knowledge and skills required to facilitate Scrum with your teams and begin the process of transforming your organization.
- Personalized instruction by an experienced Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), fully accredited by the Scrum Alliance.
- A second facilitator to model different roles and provide even more individual attention per student.
- An ongoing invitation to Applied Scrum's monthly remote Scrum Coaching Club for ongoing discussions and advice.
- Electronic training workbook and materials.
- Experience Scrum in action -- Our instructors use Scrum to teach Scrum, which means you'll experience what it means to be a member of a Scrum team in real time.
- Robust group discussion to explore what Scrum means for you and what it will mean to be a member of a Scrum team in your organization.
- Learn the activities and responsibilities of the various Scrum roles: Team Member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Stakeholder.
- 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs) if you're PMP or PMI-ACP certified.
- Exam and certification fees included with registration price.
- Pass the Certified ScrumMaster exam with flying colors!
Skills that Stick
Our Certified ScrumMaster workshop is taught with a mixture of discussion, activities, and a practicum that is designed to make the material "sticky" so you retain what you learn. You will be engaged, involved, and learning for the entire workshop as you get first hand experience at building a product using Scrum in class!
Our goal is to not only provide clear explanations of the concepts, but to also give you real life tips, techniques, and tools that you can use in your workplace. Tamara brings her real world experience as well as the best of the Scrum Community's techniques and models for ScrumMasters to leverage on the job.
You Will Learn...
- Foundations of Agile Thinking -- Empirical process control, dynamic change, and complex adaptive systems.
- Understanding the Scrum Framework -- Overview of the roles, ceremonies, artifacts, tools, and techniques of Scrum and the importance of feedback loops.
- Scrum Roles, a Deeper Dive -- Exploration of the role of ScrumMaster as servant leader, working with the Product Owner and Development Team, facilitating for results, and the relationship between good project management techniques and the Scrum framework.
- The Care and Feeding of the Product Backlog -- How do ScrumMasters support the Product Owner in creating and managing the product backlog? Learn about user stories and other good product backlog management techniques, as well as discuss the importance of the Definition of Done and how it differs from Acceptance Criteria.
- Agile Estimation -- The case for story points and how to help your teams get started.
- Sprinting -- Facilitating the Daily Scrum and other ScrumMaster activities during the Sprint.
- Sprint Demo and Review -- Tamara shares her practical experience at facilitating effective Sprint Reviews.
- Sprint Retrospectives -- Learn the value and importance of incremental improvement and the structure of a good Retrospective.
During class you will test and reinforce your comprehension in our interactive practicum, during which you will experience building a product using the knowledge and skills you learn in class. After class, you will retain access to a variety of templates and models for you to use when you return to your real-world work.
This course has been designed to focus on the fundamental aspects and intent of what Scrum represents while providing attendees with specific tools and techniques that they can then bring to their own organization. This class is recommended for all roles and backgrounds, but is particularly beneficial for:
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Team Members
- Agile Coaches
- Development personnel (managers and staff)
- Testing personnel (managers and staff)
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
This is just a sampling of the types of professionals that would gain from taking this course. We welcome students from all industries to join us for this interactive and immersive learning experience!
If you are in need of a hardship discount, please email us at Tamara@AppliedScrum.com